2007 is set to be an exciting year at Ning, with the launch (and continual development) of a product we have spent the last couple of months beavering away on, as well as a host of other improvements to the platform.
All this work requires a large amount of design, almost too much for our small team to handle at times. That’s why we’re now on the look out for a talented designer/web-developer, who can join us full time in sunny Palo Alto, California.
The ideal candidate for me would be somebody fairly similar to myself, that is someone who has a good understanding of both graphic design and standards based code, yet can also bring a few new qualities to the team.
You can see the full job description on our site, but I’d like to highlight some of the requirements that I see as important:
- Understanding of XML, DOM, and other W3C standards.
- Strong understanding of browser based graphic design (e.g. browser palette, PNG, 8/24 vs. JPEG vs. GIF, etc.)
- Ability to quickly iterate graphic designs/sketches using Photoshop (or similar)
- Clean, systematic approach to UI development and implementation. Thinks like a programmer.
- Comfortable working closely with developers in small team environment and business teams on tight deadlines.
- Highly flexible and extremely efficient, don’t mind multiple iterations on the way to the right answers.
- Philosophy of iteration and continuous improvement over ivory-tower or complex-architecture projects.
If you’re interested, then why not e-mail email@example.com attaching your CV (or Resume for any Americans reading this!)